Friday, September 11, 2015

Wust el Balad

So about the title: Wast al Baled means "downtown" in Arabic. I went there yesterday with some friends... but before that, I have a couple pictures.

Here's a picture from marj al hamam! The whole clan + us <3

 So ok this is Wust el-Balad... They had a ton of little shops with cute little souvenirs...

 Like these.

And these! Ok so that's Jesus on the right... and on the left is Joseph Smith! What? Crazy! We were in a tiny little shop in way downtown Amman, Jordan and we find a carving a Joseph Smith! Apparently the market is pretty good because of all the BYU students... haha

 Noelle bought a Koufiyeh :) This is Victor bartering its price

 A mosque across the street from the koufiyeh shop. Don't know its name but it looked cool!

 Yummy :) 
 This was a little shop for arab sweets we found. So good! And that's a lot of honey :)

 I think my favorite part was the market! There was this little spice shop and then a street down there was this really cool fruit and vegetable market that I would go to every day if I could. 

So I took a video of that, but I'm not sure I can upload it... ope just kidding I got it! But it's super pixelated... Sorry


This is us in front of the Roman amphitheater but you can't see it :) (Et oui maman, je sais que mon sourcil est décoiffé:)

Then we had a movie night and were all super tired. I fell asleep...

And I made a Thai green curry today! with Mango and (honey) rice haha and a lemon ginger tisane:)

1 comment:

  1. The background music at the market is SO COOL!! Also, where in the world do you find the time to cook? That curry looks delicious. We watched "The Hundred Foot Journey" a couple nights ago and I've been wanting curry ever since.

    ReplyDelete