Wednesday, September 9, 2015

School and Sandstorms

So you might have seen this in the news... A real sandstorm! I think I inhaled like a pound of sand yesterday.

 This is right outside my apartment

Kind of looks like a blizzard.. but it's still 100 degrees F

 This is my school! It's not anything architecturally special haha 
 
My classroom from 9:30-11 everyday


Blake and Sage probably laughing about the definition of a beverage


The view from my classroom. 


And since we have to talk to natives for two hours a day for homework, I went to the University and this is what it looks like.


Our taxi driver on the way home. Just cuz.


My homework


Jordanian pride. Picture taken from bus taking us to Marj al-hamam.


This is the church at marj al hammam. We came here to teach English to the kids.

 We arrived at 5:30 and chilled for like an hour and never actually taught English but we spoke a lot of Arabic. They invited us for dinner which was super nice because I can't imagine them having that much to begin with. 

 This is Arianna, Millie and me with a really nice woman and I forgot her name.

 More nice people! The lady on the right spoke french so we also spoke french.

Me and the kids that wanted to take a million pictures with me and they were so cute!

Also my roommate is so nice!

Family!

Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Merci encore pour les photos et les mises à jour mon amour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love this. Such an adventure that we are on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 things:
    1- Those kids are so cute!
    2- Is it hard to do the assignments where you have to talk to native people? In particular, the part where you have to make the transition from being strangers in the street to oh hey, we're talking now.
    3- When do I get to Skype you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I know right! It's also very cute how they think I speak fluent Arabic because I understand like 30% of what they say:)
      2. Um yeah. I mean sometimes. I've been to a salon a couple of times which isn't too awkward because the workers are just there. It also doesn't have to be on the street. Sometimes we just go to the university and sometimes we just try to find people or we talk to a taxi driver.
      3. Today!

      Delete