Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Best Weekend Ever!

So last post I talked about how we went to this lady's house Friday night for Mansaf. Here are a couple pictures from that night. The Mansaf was soooooo good. It did not even compare to the one from the restaurant. Also sorry about the length of this post... I'm kind of using this as a dropbox folder so I don't have to send a bunch of pictures to a bunch of people :) so there are a ton of pictures.










 Happy Birthday Sage! I have to say I really enjoyed it :)













So that was my Friday night! Sooooo fun and the food was delicious and the people were all angels!

Satuday:
The next day we woke up early and left our apartment at 7:00 on our way to Petra!

 This is the first castle we saw on our way. It's called Karak.


 This kind of looks like a picture you would see at the end of your bible :)








This is the second castle we went to. Called Shobak. 



 Hahahahhahaha Miles somehow got a hold of Blake's computer on the ride ...

 This is in little Petra.



 Seth and Mason the cutest missionary companion (Arabic speaking)















 I think Mormons secretly rule the world...



 That night, we went and explored a little bit. This shopkeeper was kind of pushy so we finally decided to go inside and "just look" since "looking is free." That's right. I didn't spend a dime. But I did get these really funny pictures of the guys with Bedouin makeup :)







This was another super aggressive shopkeeper. He said we were rude because we didn't have a look. He was not letting us go so we said we would go back the next day. We didn't.

Sunday: 
Sunday is when we went to the actual Petra. This was one of my favorite days. Except for they all were :) Anyway, here are a few pictures from that day.

 Our entire group! There's a lot of us :)


 The treasury (Only the penitent man will pass)























 This is what happens when I try to tie my own koufiyeh... I look like Santa Claus haha



 And camels are definitely my new favorite animal :)





Yoga on top of a cliff

Followed by a dance party on top of a sacrificial alter. 

After Petra we went and got this ice cream




 Dinner at the hotel

 Back for ice-cream round 2... EJ does not look very happy haha


 Movie night :)

Monday:
This is us on the bus on our way to Wadi Rum



 Fun Jeep ride into the desert!





 My inner Chinese (which actually exists) shining







 Emperor's new groove :)

 Happy Birthday Arianna! I also really enjoyed your's. 



 This is where we spent the night. Isn't that the coolest thing ever?



 Glamping


 Yessss!!!! This was my favorite part :) I loved riding the camels.

 Haha Ryan








 hahaha it's so funny how they sit



 Anyone on a study abroad in the Middle East has to take a picture like this :)


 Dinner was magical. This is the traditional Bedouin thing... Forgot what it's called but it was sooooooo good. 




 Chicken, lamb, potatoes, zucchini, carrots, onions ...











 Dabke with the bedouins!



Tuesday:
We went to the Red Sea today! The water was so beautiful and it made me want to cry because I was so happy.

That's Israel/Palestine on the other side! We saw four countries today: This, Jordan, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia!












Lunch was delicious as always! 






And a yummy home cooked dinner to finish the day :)

1 comment:

  1. The camels look so funny! And wow the red sea is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete