Monday, August 31, 2015

Food, Homework and Fun

Food...

This is a cute little Shawarma shop (kind of like the ones they have in Paris) close to my school. Really yummy

This is what it looks like. 

 This was a fruit market I went to. I bought oranges, pomegranates, guavas, figs, and mangoes. The figs were the most delicious figs I ever had.

One more picture of the market from the outside.

This is my fruit bowl :)

Picture of my 3/4 -eaten pack of figs and my half eaten guava

And of course, my tisane!

A pack of little Arabic sweets 

My dinner tonight: Chicken, peppers, tomato, onion, in pita bread


Homework...

My first right-to-left notebook!

So for homework, we have to go out and talk to people in Arabic for at least two hours. Today, my roommate and I decided to go to the salon and get our nails done. We met this really nice girl named Dina (left) who was getting her roots redone. (Which, I don't really know why since it's always covered ;) anyways I asked her how she wears the Hijab so she showed me then she put it on me! haha she also said I looked super Arab. 

Speaking of Modesty, a lot more women then I thought wear the Hijab. Even their stick figures are very modest.

hahahahahaha


This is the mall right next to the institute. A lot of "Yves Saint Laurent" and "Michael Kors" bags :)

Fun...

I am having so much fun! I love speaking to people here... most of the time :) even though my Arabic is nowhere near fluent. 


I love the scenery! 

Pretty sunset: view from right outside my apartment

I just cleaned my whole room and got all organized and it feels great!

my closet... super interesting


Two of my other roommates walking back from our "homework" which was just to socialize :)
I thought it was kind of a funny name-- the restaurant is called Haboob. Which means grain or something. It sounds funny in English though.

That's all!

3 comments:

  1. You're such a lovely person! I'm really so glad we're roommates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating - thanks for the great details, love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom and I are cracking up over the modest bathroom stick figure! That food looks delicious :) Also those building pictures are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete