Saturday, August 29, 2015

Arrival and weekend

Hello everyone,

Sorry it took me a while but I have finally created my first official post in Jordan! I have a bunch of pictures and haven't slept in like 20 hours so I'm not going to write a ton.
Taken right after take off in SLC


Arrival in Jordan after a 3 hour delay... you can see how tired I was from this lovely picture my friend posted on facebook: 
So ugly.
This is a sight we Frenchies are kind of used to seeing except for not in Arabic :)

  Bread and Hummus Dil bought us on a bus tour we went on this morning
 Amman, Jordan

 Carrefour! only super ghetto

A group of us went and bought sim cards today, The guy that worked there (see below: I wanted to take a picture of him but not awkwardly so I had my roommate stand in front haha. Also he is holding a cigarette. Kind of funny) said he really liked Qasid students and wanted a picture of us so I asked him to take one with my camera also. You can probably guess that we stick out like sore thumbs. I don't like that. This is also like the only picture I have with me in it. Much better than the last one.
Noelle my roommate
  picture from the bus tour the sky was super blue
 couple pictures of "faculties" on the university campus. I am not attending the university. I am attending Qasid Institute which is like a 10 min bus ride away from the university and like a 10 min walk from our apartment. I have not yet gone there. Tomorrow (yes, Sunday) is the first day of classes)
 We had a way American bbq at some of the Americans from the branch's home. Hot dogs and hamburgers. Kind of disappointing.

Picture I took from a walk we went on. The streets are so hilly and it is really easy to get lost. Everything kind of looks the same and streets are not logical. But that's what makes it fun! Also, I've only seen like 2 houses. Everyone lives in apartments.They all kind of look the same from the outside-- not that impressive-- but the inside (of the ones I've seen so far) are really nice.

 Picture from University campus. One of the more less urban places in Amman.

 Lot's of vegetation in the tiny front yards they have :)

Really yummy fruit cocktail (non-alcoholic) I had with my roommate at this cute little shop near our institute called Avocado.

 Avocado and an Arab guy

I just took this. At night. That's why there's not a ton of light but it is pretty nice. I was really surprised when I first saw my apartment because it was way cooler than I thought it was going to be. I was kind of expecting a dumpy place. But the other girls' apartment is 100 times cooler. It's like a mansion. Pictures to come.

Late night political discussions. haha

That's it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment