Saturday, October 10, 2015

October so far

So we have very nice Syrian neighbors who probably think we have no morals (since we show our arms and hair... scandalous.) So they bought Morgan and Chantelle these prayer suits things. I forgot what they're called. But they looked really funny on them :) 



A couple pictures of my lunch 40% of the time: falafel sandwich. 


My roommate and I went to a mall and found this cute little Patisserie. Just like the Pauls in France. She got a strawberry tartelette and I got a mille-feuilles au chocolat.






The other day I had old apples that were way too mushy to eat so I made pommes cuites :)

Last Friday after church, we made dinner: Chicken curry, carrot salad, green beans, lentils, rice, yogurt and rice. 








The next day, I did some homework in the morning and then went out with my roommates for lunch to a Yemeni restaurant and ate bread and beans. This is us:) And then we went and had ice cream.








That night, we (all the BYU students) were invited to the Minister of Tourism in Jordan's house. Their house was amazing and huge and so beautiful and had a big pool and I think I could live like that. And we had Mansaf, of course.





That was Saturday. From then to yesterday (Friday), I didn't do much besides homework and stuff so I took a couple pictures of my homework so you can feel bad for me.




And this is what I'm supposed to do every day. All of it. 

Wust el-Balad: Morgan and me in a little touristy shop trying on those little belly dancing hat things whatever they're called.

This was yesterday. Andy made a dinner and we all went over there to eat it and it was very yummy.



Then we played signs forever. 

And then we made a fort haha.






Today, there was this like orphanage thing where all the embassies in Jordan had little stands and sold food and little goods. The princess (King Abdulla's sister, I think) was there and I got a picture of her hair from the back haha. But I was like two people away from her which is pretty cool to say. 






 This is the Princess. Center lady in white with short hair talking to Indian lady. Kind of a big deal.

  Coconut sticky rice and mango :)

 Chicken Biryani. So good.

 And milk tart from South Africa I think.

 And more Indian food. Because that's like my favorite thing in the world. These are Samosa's. and Mint Chutney.








Walk home: this is what I see every day walking to and from school. It looked exceptionally beautiful today because of the weather.






 This is the hotel we tell taxis to drive to since we live so close it and its like the only thing the drivers know that's not too far from our house.

 We also have this killer hill to walk up every day. You can't tell how steep it is in the picture. But it is. Super steep and long and I better have toned thighs by the end of this program. 


Then we had a tea party (without tea) at our apartment. In these cute little cups I bought :)



That's it for today. Next week I'm going to the dead sea! So that should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment